Monday, March 26, 2007

The Stranger Within Me

Say hello to the stranger within me
the one that has stolen my soul and captivated me
and caused me to feel nothing,nothing but emptiness
Like i've been plunged into complete darkness.

Say hello to this unwelcome visitor
that has caused me to feel a void within me
it makes me feel like falling-going under
i feel so light
As light as a feather

Say hello to this impostor
that has robbed me off everything i desire
i try to ascend
but i thoughts remain below;
And as i try to descend
i realise that i cannot go
Living in a world where nothing is what it seems,
i feel like i'm dwelling in a reality of broken dreams.
Perhaps!-'all hope is lost'
To me hope would seem like a thin ray of light
Enlightening my darkness.

Say hello to this intruder
that has made me to discover the cost,
the cost of creating a fantasy within me,
the cost of alternating fantasy with reality.
I feel so cold,it makes me shiver
I feel so broken,as if i wither.

But unfortunately i come to realise the truth,
the truth behind this impostor,
about this stranger,
that can make me feel so much pain,
A truth i will never be able to be in terms with,
Say hello to-me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is haunting and lovely. You should be very proud of it. And I wouldn't have thought it was plagiarized because I know you are a very deep thinker.

Thanks so much for sharing your poem.